People slip and fall every day. Most of the time you can get back up on your feet without worry, but other times it can send you straight to the emergency room. In fact, slip and fall accidents are one of the most common reasons for emergency room visits, according to the National Safety Council. If the property owner knew, or should have known that the property was in dangerous condition, had ample time to fix the property’s dangerous condition, and neglected to fix the issues, the attorneys at Esposito Law Firm P.A. can build a strong case against those responsible.
Commercial facility owners are not only responsible for the safety of those that come on to their property, but they are also responsible for what goes on at their facility. If you slip and fall, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost earnings, or compensation for pain and suffering if the injury is serious. There are several things that the injured party should do in the event of a slip and fall accident.
- You should speak with the person in charge and file an incident report, or a police report. It is important that you get an account of the accident, an assessment of fault, and information about any witnesses present for the incident.
- You should also take note of the conditions leading up to the accident including weather, time of day, people present, and how exactly the incident occurred.
- Note the extent of any and all injuries, both physical and mental. This includes any effects on your work, social life, and personal life.
- Note all time missed from work, and all visits to medical professionals.
- Keep all evidence possible including pictures of the scene, all medical documents regarding your injuries, and take note of any property damage.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the Tampa area, you may be able to receive compensation for your suffering. You should then meet with Esposito Law Firm P.A. for a free consultation to discuss your legal options. You can call us at 813.992.4878 or visit our offices to learn more about slip and fall cases in Tampa, Florida.